Hackint0sh… Insanely Mac… osX86 project

It has been 3 days since I've been trying to install a Mac OS X on my PC (yes you read it right… I'm trying to do it the other way around)

And sadly I've gone no farther than the setup main page. I've borrowed flash based hard disks, formatted, wipe cleaned my HP DV6000 thrice in 3 days, and the poor thing didn't even squeak; shifted between vista, windows xp and a dash of ubuntu, but no luck!

15 days before the placements begin and I thought this endeavor (which I thought I'll surely scrape through) would cheer me up. Seems its adding to the anxiety. But I'll get a Mac running on my PC before I leave this place… that's a promise…

What's interesting to see is how the Mac OS simply refuses to succumb to our wish and will. Technically it should be detecting a FAT32 partition. But it's not for some weird reason. We used a flash based 8GB hard disk formatted in Mac Journal (the format type which is meant for a Mac) using someone else's MacBook… No luck~!

We used an emulator to run the thing. No luck~!

We used a virtual machine (similar to Parallels on the MacBook to run Windows) called VMWare… No luck~!

And the best part of all, it behaves differently on different machines. We have 2 HP laptops up for this Vista-to-Mac-on-PC experiment, both with same specs, except for the fact that one is an Intel, the other is an AMD. And the darn thing behaves different every time we try to load it up.

Usually computers have a pattern for showing up errors. Once u find that out, you know where the problem lies. Here there's no freakin' pattern! At all!

Its getting on my nerves. Will update if things improve!

No comments: