Goals in Life [Part 1]

For some there are better things in life than blabbering on an inane topic like ‘Goals in Life’. But for some, when things are on the verge of falling into pieces there’s no better topic that he can talk about. I think I’ve made my disclaimers so I wish to begin.

To start with, let me tell you something very specifically. There are some things in this world that I agree with and some things that I don’t. But that doesn’t mean that the things I disagree with are outrightly rejected or neglected. They might not hold any importance for me but for someone else they might be true.

Let’s get to the point. Goals in life. A very boring topic if you’re listening to someone else’s goal, perhaps even intimidating. But a very interesting one when you think of your own. Because that’s when the complexities begin to arise. That’s when the true evaluation takes place. Because you peep into your own conscience, your own conviction and try to rate yourself with the type of people which are in demand. And that’s what I’ve been doing since the beginning of the Third Year.

Agreed, I’m preparing for the MBA entrance exams since past one year. But after all the running around, I feel, what’s the f@#$ing point in going through such an activity? Can you evaluate the effectiveness of a manager through evaluating the number of RC attempts he makes? Can you evaluate how effective will be the marketing skills of a manager based on the attempts in quantitative areas?

One might argue that it is a system followed everywhere, even abroad and there are even other selection tools like Group Discussions and Personal Interviews that assist better selection. Agreed. But for me there’s a lot more to a manager’s life than just projects and presentations. There’s more that goes in the evaluation of an individual than just the conventional GDs and PIs. And that’s why I simply do not want The Conventional Indian MBA to be my near future goal in life.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not a whacko iconoclast always trying to question how things function. All I feel is, we deserve more value than what we get. And this is what I feel, so go to some other website if you feel like questioning my feelings. Drishti is perhaps the greatest teacher in this direction.

Just think. From the Director to the student who knew about the Mega Edition project were unsure about the feasibility of the project. But I had to prove them wrong. And I did. Actually it was quite some time after the project when I realized the enormity of the situation. When people looked at me amazed and dumbfounded on the fact that I had collected 37500 rupees for the Mega Edition. That’s when I realized, that when focus meets dedication, anything is possible. Perhaps it has been rightly said by Benjamin Desraili – “The secret of success is constancy of purpose”.

And this exercise made me realize how underestimated is a person’s potential. Because its not only about me. Any other person who had the willingness to make this thing happen would have made it. Knowledge and clarity of thought will be mere catalysts. Rest is all up to you.
The entire exercise has made me more liberated. It doesn’t matter if people joke about you or your feelings. Because you know who’ll have the last laugh. Thanks to Drishti, I’ve found a new path. This path in simple English translates to – pursuing MBA from Said Business School, Oxford University. Yeah right. Read that again sucker. Its Oxford University.

Exaggerated? I don’t think so. Besides as I had already said, its my blog not yours. And I know how things will work out. Conviction will carry me far. Just wait for a few years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Beauty of Blogging
In July 2004 an anonymous blogger revealed his identity when he allowed his photograph to be taken at the Democratic National Convention.
Wow! Looking at your blog I am really going to bookmark you!
I am the owner of ##cash in quick## making it possible for average people to earn a living online!
Check it out whenever you want ;-)